Annons:
Etikettövrigt
Läst 860 ggr
Loris M
2016-03-06 09:52

What Brain Injury Survivors Want You to Know

"I need a lot more rest than I used to. I’m not being lazy. I get physical fatigue as well as a “brain fatigue.” It is very difficult and tiring for my brain to think, process, and organize. Fatiguemakes it even harder to think /…/

If there is more than one person talking, I may seem uninterested in theconversationThat is because I have trouble following all the different “lines” of discussion. It is exhausting to keep trying to piece it all together. I’m not dumb or rude; my brain is getting overloaded! /…/ 

If we are talking and I tell you that I need to stop, I need to stop NOW! And it is not because I’m avoiding the subject, it’s just that I need time to process our discussion and “take a break” from all the thinking. Later I will be able to rejoin the conversation and really be present for the subject and for you.

Please listen to ME with patience. Try not to interrupt. Allow ME to find my words and follow my thoughts. It will help ME rebuild my language skills.

Please don’t be condescending or talk to ME like I am a child. I’m not stupid, my brain is injured and it doesn’t work as well as it used to. Try to think of ME as if my brain were in a cast."

Läsa hela texten här!

Annons:
Magi-cat
2016-03-06 10:26

#0 Så bra! Tack för länken och för att du tar upp det här viktiga ämnet!🌺

"Freden måste komma först. Gör den inte det, min vän, kommer inget efter den."
💓 Sajtvärd på Fenomen, Hjärnan, Kulturtant, Oförklarade fenomen

Magi-cat
2017-02-24 22:02

🎈

"Freden måste komma först. Gör den inte det, min vän, kommer inget efter den."
💓 Sajtvärd på Fenomen, Hjärnan, Kulturtant, Oförklarade fenomen